Alpha 3 Release Notes
The SIL Transcriber Alpha 3 allows an individual or team to transcribe and upload multiple tasks from multiple projects to Paratext or other applications. The alpha 3 release adds the ability to create many tasks at once from a folder with the audio files and a spreadsheet that describes them. The ability to delete users has been added and the avatars have been improved. This version also adds a help file which is available on the Start menu.
The program has been localized into 9 languages. When the administrator first runs the program and chooses a language, this language becomes the default (which can be changed) for each other user of the program. (The Download page contains a PDF with a more detailed descriptions of getting setup and using the program: connecting up the foot pedal, etc.) There is a separate document describing the steps for connecting the foot pedal to the program.
The Admin use can point at the image and left click to get to the project settings screen or they can point at the button with the three dots (ellipse) in the upper right corner of the project image and right click to change the project image or create a new project.
The Roadmap is given on the developer page on this site. We plan to do a release every couple of weeks between now and the end of the year.
The discourse site is available for users to propose feature improvements or receive help from other users or the development team.
- Connecting a project to the online Paratext API is not included in this version
- Ending the transcription with a space ensures the last word is saved. Normally the transcription and position is saved when the user closes the program even if the transcription has not been submitted for review.
- The duration of the task isn’t current shown until the task is assigned to the transcriber.
- On the User Settings screen, which has a Save button, it must be used to save any changes whereas on all other screens changes are saved automatically.
- For Paratext projects, Scripture reference ranges will be in the format GEN 1:1-5 (book, chapter, verse range). For non-Paratext projects, references should look like this too.
- Users can work on all projects but should only be created in one project.
- Deleting a task will remove (destroy) its meta data (when it was created, who worked on it, etc.)
- General:TT-241 Handling hard to see project id
- General:TT-226 Put focus/insertion point in Name box when User Details pane opens
- General:TT-204 Assignment of task persists until you relaunch the program
- General:TT-202 Change project image logic
- General:TT-201 Create new project logic
- General:TT-200 pop up project action menu control
- General:TT-176 Admin user can create a new project
- PtPlugin:TT-256 Transcriber needs a restart to show the added task in Tasks pane.
- PtPlugin:TT-242 What should identify the project?
- Project:TT-259 Project is not maintaining the same name in Project setting and User Details screens
- Project:TT-251 Logout from a project pane was not showing list of available projects
- Task:TT-234 Milestone slider control
- Task:TT-263 Milestones status texts overlapped in Tamil UI and it’s not clearly visible
- Task:TT-245 Text overlapping problem in Task Details – Milestones pane.
- User:TT-228 User Name lost (becomes U2, U3, etc) if avatar pic is added in User Details pane
- User:TT-235 User details new layout
- User:TT-264 User Name changing functionality is not working
- UI:TT-198 User control with role
- UI:TT-262 Copy to Clipboard button texts is not wrapping inside this button in Tamil UI
- UI:TT-232 Update Task details to new design
- UI:TT-210 Play bar and Start Timer is not working properly.
- UI:TT-199 Project control with project image