Beta Release (0.3.8)
The SIL Transcriber Beta allows an individual or team to transcribe and upload multiple tasks from multiple projects to Paratext or other applications. The beta release adds Indonesian as a language into which the program is localized. The duration is included with each task that has audio. References for non-Paratext linked projects don’t have to look like Scripture references and a number of bugs have been fixed.
The program has been localized into 10 languages. A Crowdin site allows translators to contribute localized strings to the program. When the administrator first runs the program and chooses a language, this language becomes the default (which can be changed) for each other user of the program. (The Download page contains a PDF with a more detailed descriptions of getting setup and using the program: connecting up the foot pedal, etc.) There is a separate document describing the steps for connecting the foot pedal to the program.
The Admin use can point at the image and left click to get to the project settings screen or they can point at the button with the three dots (ellipse) in the upper right corner of the project image and right click to change the project image or create a new project.
The Roadmap is given on the developer page on this site. We plan to do a release every couple of weeks between now and the end of the year.
The discourse site is available for users to propose feature improvements or receive help from other users or the development team.
- Ending the transcription with a space ensures the last word is saved. Normally the transcription and position is saved when the user closes the program even if the transcription has not been submitted for review.
- On the User Settings screen, which has a Save button, it must be used to save any changes whereas on all other screens changes are saved automatically.
- For Paratext projects, Scripture reference ranges will be in the format GEN 1:1-5 (book, chapter, verse range).
- Users can work on all projects but should only be created in one project.
- Deleting a task will remove (destroy) its meta data (when it was created, who worked on it, etc.)
- General:TT-290 Add Sample Project to installer
- General:TT-283 Multi-line project name edit
- General:TT-261 Misleading label on “claim unassigned tasks” control
- General:TT-267 Adding a new audio file skips a number if transcription exists
- Project:TT-249 label on menu overlapped in Tamil UI
- Project:TT-257 The Project names are not fitting on control.
- Project:TT-260 Trying to change second project image changes first project
- Task:TT-186 Duration length time not set
- Task:TT-252 Not able to save customized Reference
- Task:TT-215 Able to create task with the same reference more than once
- User:TT-286 Change image name when user image edited
- UI:TT-206 Available task list various combinations displaying.
- UI:TT-284 Allow click anywhere in image file field
- Settings:TT-212 Name texts overlapping problem if we have above 4 users