We welcome other developers who wish to get involved in supporting and enhancing this software.
SIL Transcriber is licensed according to the terms of the MIT License. The source code is available in the Github project sillsdev/transcribe. Further information on how to set up your development environment is included in the Github project documentation.
The best way to contribute your enhancements is to fork the Github project, then submit pull requests to the development team. It would be helpful, however, for you to first contact the team to find out whether your intended enhancement or fix is already being worked on by someone else. That would also give you an idea of whether that enhancement would be welcomed by the team.
Localized strings can be contributed on the Crowdin site. Let us know if there is another language you would like to add to the site.
Which changes make it into each release can vary. Here is our general roadmap for the future:
Current: 0.3.9-beta [Beta 2]
Last Sprint in 2018 (Start Date: 20 Dec 2018, End Date: 2 Jan 2019)
- Filter in the left hand pain – todo (all transcribed, synced, tasks)
- Sort order in the tasks pane
- SIL Style Guide (P1)
- Tech Debt
Next: 0.3.10-beta [Beta 3]
- SIL Component Library – Phase 1 (P1)
- First Time UX – First Run experience (P1)
- Conflict with default project (English versus choose language)
- Trigger should not be
- Decision tree in the Google Drive
- Language association with Audio file (Next)
- Identifying the language and picking the language (picking)
- Design Language, libpalaso has this one
We’re considering the following enhancements and features. Let us know if you would be interested in helping us with them:
- SIL Component Library
- Wave form display for mp3 files
- context oriented help
- scenario testing
- identity: online and offline
- help: online and offline
- Paratext online API
- Working collaboratively on multiple computers: on LAN, on Internet, offline
- Audio to text wordlist
- Predictive suggestions
- Neural network audio recognition
- other export formats
- transcriptions conventions: timestamps, alternatives
- commenting reviews
The current issues are in our Issue Tracker.
If you would like to contact the development team, please use the Contact Form.