Why the XMLmind XML Editor?
The XMLmind XML Editor is a freely downloadable editor that makes it quite easy to create not only XLingPaper documents, but also XHTML documents, among others. This editor is a structured editor and has at least the following very nice features:
- One never sees the XML element and attributes markers. These are all nicely hidden.
- It uses Unicode.
- There are templates which make it easy to start a new document and also to easily create various kinds of examples, lists, tables, etc.
- As a structured editor, one can only insert elements (e.g. citations, examples, lists) when it is appropriate to do so.
- There are ways to easily set references to examples, sections, etc.
- One can maintain a master file of references that one can then reuse for multiple papers.
- It has a nice find and replace capability.
- It has the ability to easily cut and paste entire collections of elements.
- It has spelling checkers for English, French, Spanish, or German.
- The user interface can be in English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish, or German.
- It works with Keyman 6.0.
- It has some ways to find and key Unicode and other special characters.
- Unlike some other XML Editors, performance does not degrade for large files.
- It is possible to create and maintain modular documents (ones which consist of multiple files).