Document Preparation Aids
This product has been discontinued and is no longer supported.
These programs are intended as tools for field linguists who need to prepare documents in languages other than English.
- WRDCHG makes changes to the words of a text, while preserving capitalization, punctuation, and formatting.
- SYLCHK identifies potential spelling errors in text, using decomposition into syllables as the method for identifying possible errors, and returns these as a list.
- SYLCOR is an interactive editor for correcting potential errors, using the same method as SYLCHK for finding possible errors.
- SPLCOR is an interactive editor for correcting potential errors, based on word lists of known correct words.
- HYPHEN introduces a user-determined character at syllable boundaries. It uses a different mechanism for identifying syllables than SYLCHK and SYLCOR.
- DELIM checks text to see that delimiters (characters like quote marks, brackets, braces, parentheses, and so on) are paired and properly nested.
Can also be found here.
We no longer offer support for this product, but you can visit the SIL Language Software Community to contact other users who may be able to help.
If you are unable to obtain support through individual software support pages or the SIL Language Software Community, or have a general question about SIL language software, please contact us.