Many questions can be answered by consulting the following FAQ pages. Here are a few sample questions answered in each FAQ:
- SIL fonts in general
- How can I type…?
- How can I use font features?
- Will you add support for character…?
- Will you add support for script…?
- Will you help me…?
- The SIL Open Font License (OFL-FAQ)
- Can I use this font for…?
- Can I modify the font and then include it in…
- If I use the font on a web page do I have to include an acknowledgement?
- The full OFL-FAQ.txt is also included in the font package.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions specifically regarding Payap Lanna:
Why does this font only support Graphite?
The current OpenType and shaping engine support for Tai Tham (Lanna) does not correctly handle some sequences, and there is no workaround. Graphite provides proper rendering for those sequences, but requires an application that supports Graphite.
Will you support OpenType in the future?
Yes, we expect to fully support OpenType once changes to the shaping engines make that possible.