2022-04-27 (WSTech team) Alkalami Version 1.300 (production release)
- Added characters to support other languages: U+0600, U+0657..U+0658, U+065D, U+067D, U+0684, U+06A5, U+06E5, U+0761, U+0870, U+0872, U+0874, U+08A2..U+08A3, U+08F4..U+08FD, U+FDFD, U+2212
- Changed design of U+0643 (KAF) and U+06AD (NG)
- Added ss09 to support “Wagaf small”
- Added more contextual substitutions of swash tails for collision avoidance
- Fixed bug in outline of U+0624 (Regular)
- Added proportional digit variants for Latin digits
Both desktop and web fonts are provided in a single, all-platforms package on the Download Page.
If you used previous versions of this font, we made some decisions which were unfortunately not Unicode compliant. Since the initial release of this font, many of these non Unicode compliant characters have been added to Unicode. You will need to re-encode some characters to be fully Unicode compliant. A chart which includes the list of characters is found at the bottom of the Font Features page.
Future versions of this font will remove these non Unicode compliant solutions.