Pathway has been designed with the following features to make publishing dictionary and scripture data easy.
- Leverage the knowledge of our publishing staff to help field teams have:
- Expert designed layouts (language/page size etc)
- Knowledge about publisher constraints and layout constraints
- Provide the field user one-button output options
- Empower the project manager to adjust output if necessary.
- Give acceptable defaults for pictures and headers
- Handle a mixture of left-to-right and right-to-left text
- Use Unicode and Graphite font technologies
Pathway has been integrated into the user interfaces of SIL FieldWorks (Language Explorer and Translation Editor) and Paratext.
Click here to learn about how Pathway is used from FieldWorks or Paratext (or by itself).
Pathway can create word processor, typeset, mobile, and smart device output.
Click here to learn more about using pathway to create different kinds of output.
Pictures, headers and scripts require special processing to achieve the desired formatting.
Click here for more information on the processing of Pictures, headers or scripts.
The power of Pathway is in the style sheet. Pathway combines style sheets from the user and best practice publishers to achieve the desired final formatting.
Click here for more information on style sheets.
Pathway leverages standards allowing us to take advantage of the work done by other experts in publication processing.
Click here for more information on standards used by Pathway.
Pathway provides different tools for managers and content providers so each can focus in their area of specialization without being distracted by the responsibilities of others on the project team.
Click here for more information on the roles.
Some key features are planned for future development.
Click here for more information on features yet to be implemented.