Version 2.20.0 Released
The main highlights are:
- Add ability to produce an EBook in EPUB format (requires installing Calibre). See section 11.43 “Produce an EBook in EPUB Format” in the User Documentation.
- Add capability to “frame” a portion of content, including margins and background color. (Uses framedUnit and framedType elements.) See section 14 “Framed Units” in the User Documentation. To use this capability and produce the default PDF, you also need to either install a full version or get the XeLaTeX update. See below.
- Add a “literal” element which is like the free (translation) element but is for a literal translation. See section 5.3.6 “Using a literal translation” in the User Documentation.
- Improve page breaking (including widow and orphan control) for the default way of producing PDF (via XeLaTeX).
- Add a discussion in the documentation of how to handle publisher’s custom front matter (including thesis or dissertation special front matter). See section 11.44 “Handle the Special Front Matter in a Book” in the User Documentation.
You can obtain an installation program for Windows, Mac or Linux at http://www.xlingpaper.org/?page_id=51.
If you have already installed XLingPaper version 2.10.0 or higher, then you will need to download and install the XLingPaper update file. See http://www.xlingpaper.org/?page_id=107. If you have modified any of the stock publisher style sheets, please be sure to make a backup of your work before running this installer. It may overwrite your modifications.
In addition, you should download and install the XeLaTeX Update (see
http://www.xlingpaper.org/?page_id=4#XeLaTeXUpgrade). This update is required before you can produce the default PDF if you are using the new framed unit capability.
The recent changes are:
- 2.20.0 2 October 2012
- Fix bug which would use ‘prose’ gloss and langData formatting from a publisher style sheet in an interlinear-text element. It should use the same as in an example.
- Add capability to “frame” a portion of content, including margins and background color. (Uses framedUnit and framedType elements.)
- Add a “literal” element which is like the free (translation) element but is for a literal translation.
- Add an attribute of spacebetween to the listLayout element in a publisher style sheet. It allows one to insert extra space between list items.
- For a book using a publisher style sheet, include an option for a given front or back matter item to have empty headers and footers (needed by some institutions for abstracts in theses).
- Fix a bug: When a publisher style sheet is set to remove common hundreds digits in page numbers and the page numbers are in the thousands, it failed to remove the digits.
- Allow books to include an abstract in the front matter (e.g., in a thesis or a dissertation).
- Add ability to produce an EBook in EPUB format (requires installing Calibre).
- On Windows, the Program Start menu items for creating a new paper, book or references document did not work (for XXE version 4.8 or later). Now it does.
- For the default way of producing PDF (via XeLaTeX):
- Fix a bug which would cause some examples to have too much space after them.
- Fix a bug which could make the bookmark in a PDF link to the first preface element when it should link to a non-first preface element.
- Fix a bug which would use ?? for page numbers in the table of contents for any front matter items that occur before the table of contents.
- Fix a bug which would cause the PDF to fail to be produced when an interlinear text had an interlinear with two consecutive lineGroup elements and the auto wrap interlinear option was selected.
- In a book with a publisher style sheet, in the front matter, any space before values were not correct.
- With a publisher style sheet, titles were not always properly centered.
- In a book, the starting page number did not work. This is fixed.
- Rework how block quotes are done so they work correctly. The initial text/paragraph will never have an indent, while following paragraphs will (unless they are pc elements).
- In a book, the appendix was laid out according to the chapter layout, not the appendix layout information.
- Improve page breaking (by adding some TeX glue to key items; sorry, I had mistakenly understood that these items already had some TeX glue, but they did not).
- Do not show a paragraph that consists merely of a comment.
- If one is using double spacing or space-and-a-half as well as putting table captions before the table, then there was too much vertical space between the caption and the table.
- When there was an associated publisher style sheet, once in a great while the final page of the document would have the wrong running header and footer. This is fixed.
- When there was an associated publisher style sheet that used double or space-and-a-half spacing for text but single-spacing for tables, when abbreviations were shown in a preface, appendix, or glossary, the abbreviations used double or space-and-a-half instead of single spacing. This is fixed.
- Fix a bug where multiple endnotes in a free element would not format correctly.
- Fix a bug where a li element started with text and then had a p element after it. The p was not indented correctly.
- Fix a bug where a li element started with a p element and had another p after it. The p was not indented correctly in either case.
- Fix a bug where a li element started with text and then had a p element after it. The content of the p element was concatenated onto the end of the initial text material.
- For the Web page per publisher style sheet output:
- Fix bug which caused pc elements to still have an indent.