Using the Service Step-By-Step
To successfully publish an app on the Google Play store using the Scripture App Publishing Service, the following steps are followed:
- Readiness Check (User): The app is built, tested and ready to submit to the Service. (See the App Publishing Checklist.)
- Project Definition (User): The user initiates the Service request in Scripture App Builder from the Publishing page of their app project.
- Approval (Service Admin): The Service Administrator reviews the project.
- Create Repository (Service): The service creates a repository to be used for the project. The user is notified by email when the repository is available.
- Project “Send” to Repository (User): The user updates their project with the Publishing Location and they “Send” the app project data to the repository to be built.
- Build App (Service): The service builds the app with the project data that has been uploaded to the repository.
- Build Check (Service): The service runs validation checks on the resulting app. The Service Administrator receives notification to prepare and review the App Store entry. If there is an error in the app build, the user is notified about what needs to be corrected and the system moves back to step 5 to wait for corrections to be uploaded to the repository.
- App Store Preview (Service Admin): The Service Administrator reviews the App Store entry and approves it if all checks pass. If there is an issue with the store details, notification is sent to the user with information about what needs to be corrected and the system moves back to step 5 to wait for corrections to be uploaded to the repository.
- Create App Store Entry (Service Admin): The Service Administrator creates or updates the App Store entry. The user is sent a notification to verify the app and the App Store entry.
- Verify and Publish (User): The user downloads the APK and verifies that it works as expected. They then click the “Publish” button in the service.
- Publish App (Service): The app is published.
- Check Publish (Service): The service verifies that app publishing process completed successfully.
- Make It Live (Service Admin): The Service Admin performs final steps to ensure site is live.