Beta Release Notes
Beta Release Notes
- FieldWorks 9.1 makes several changes to the Discourse area.
- New Discourse Chart Templates can be added
- A text can be charted for multiple templates
- Morpheme rows can now be added in the charts and configured like other rows
- The Notes field can be placed on the left or the right of the chart
- The tagging tab now allows words to be tagged with more than one type
Bugs fixed in version 9.1.5
- LT-18814 Fix crash in “Find in Dictionary” if the lexical entry has any picture added to 9.1.5 from 9.0.17.
- LT-18819 Fix crash on Browse pane when opening the Print dialog added to 9.1.5 from 9.0.17.
- LT-19171, LT-20756 Implement automatic updates. By default, FieldWorks will download the latest available update when it is available. Patch updates are about 200 MB and are published every month or two. This version downloads only patch updates. Next month, we plan to release a patch that can download and install all updates (some are 360 MB). So users will automatically receive all updates.
- LT-19891 Fix for the help link on the sorting tab in Writing System properties added to 9.1.5 from 9.0.17.
- LT-20483 In Linux, clicking Help in any area in the FieldWorks application now works added to 9.1.5 from 9.0.17.
- LT-20585 Fix a problem with the online installers.
- LT-20613 Preserve order of renamed custom fields.
- LT-20688 Preserve order of configured interlinear lines.
- LT-20690 .mp3 files no longer crash and block uploading to Webonary.However,mp3 files will not play on Webonary until some more work is done. This should be completed next month.
- LT-20696, LT-20525, LT-20731, LT-20763 Completed dictionary tables.
- LT-20714 Multiple Ignorable characters no longer generate letter headings.
- LT-20724 Fix RTL document flow for dictionaries.
- LT-20725 Webonary upload fixed for some RTL project data.
- LT-20726 Webonary upload fixed for on projects with ‘No Name’ lexical references to sense.
- LT-20727 Crashes fixed with text charts but more work will be done. This should be completed next month.
- LT-20736 Custom fields other than single line text are again available for mapping in SFM import.
- LT-20744 Add flextext phrase item type=”txt” on export for ELAN users.
- LT-20772 Fix crash trying to reorder Text Chart templates.
Bugs fixed in version 9.1.4
- LT-20525 New ability to add tables to entries/senses. It’s not fully implemented, but is useable.
- LT-20585, LT-20631 Fix some problems with the online installers.
- LT-20622 Variant Type position can now be controlled in configuration.
- LT-20660 Fix crash when changing morph type to an extended type.
- LT-20672 Add ability to reorder writing systems in free and literal translations and notes in texts.
- LT-20675 Update error message for trying to promote part of discourse chart.
Bugs fixed in version 9.1.3
- LT-20440 Remember size for Configure Interlinear Lines dialog.
- LT-20441 Make Configure Interlinear Lines columns narrower.
- LT-20412 Fix crash in Text Chart tab in Texts & Words view.
- LT-20446 Fix problems moving interlinear writing systems up and down.
- LT-20484 Fix problem with Configure interlinear lines dialog in Linux.
- LT-20543 Print should work for full dictionary though note that printing large dictionaries may require more than 8 Gb of memory.
- LT-20582 Add new import option for data exported from The Combine.
Bugs fixed in version 9.1.2
- LT-19468, LT-20534 Increase S/R password security
- LT-19915 Discourse Charts exported to Word will now open in Office 2019 and 365.
- LT-20407 Update the Send/Receive Internet dialog in Chorus.
- LT-20490 Fix crash when clicking add a new question button near messages field in the entry pane.
- LT-20521 FLEx Bridge 3.1.7 and 3.2.0 are now working with FW 9.1 build on Linux.
- LT-20549 Add “Remember password” checkbox to S/R dialogs.
- LT-20555 Provide a relevant message when entering invalid username/password in S/R.
- LT-20590 Fix Linux crash when trying to start.
- LT-20621 Fix error upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2.
- LT-20623 Fix FLEx Bridge 3.2.0 cosmetic defects in Linux.
Bugs fixed in version 9.1.1
- LT-20515 Add improved error reporting and stability on the initial upload to Webonary.
- LT-20488 Fix CSS bug “flex-line-height” instead of “line-height” in configured export.
- LT-19559 Fix XAmple parsing problem that can result in an extremely long word parse time.
- LT-20249 Correct HermitCrab “Try a word” crash in Linux that worked in Windows.