We are glad to announce that FieldWorks version 8.3.10 is being released. This version fixes some serious problems we have seen with version 8.3.9.
As of release 8.3.9, XP is no longer supported. This is due to some of the changes made so FLEx will work with Paratext 8.
FieldWorks for Windows will work with Paratext 8. FieldWorks for Linux will have to wait until version 9 to support Paratext 8.
Most machines already have .Net 4.6.1 installed. But, especially on Windows 8/8.1, this may need to be installed for the Paratext 8 interface to work.
After upgrading to this version, the data will not open in any version prior to 8.3.1, so make a backup before upgrading. If you are sharing data with others, the entire team should use a version of FieldWorks with the same data model. For more specifics about version 8.3 and the changes made, see the release notes.
Bugs fixed since 8.3.9
- LT-18712, LT-18662, LT-18539, LT-18329 (All related interlinear focus issues). Fix interlinear focus box selection from wordform combo is broken in FW8.3.9.
- LT-17905 Fix crash moving sense to another entry.
- LT-18694 Fix broken LinguaLinks import.
- LT-18245 Partial fix to use invariant culture to parse list integers (Fixes creating a new project when using the Finnish locale).
- LT-18758 Fix problem with LibraOffice Interlinear export.
- LT-18743 Fix XLingPaper interlinear export bug.
- Performance enhancement to Improve speed displaying Dictionary and Reversal Index views.
- LT-18624 In FLExBridge 2.6.0, Handle number parsing regardless of current culture settings.
- Improve speed of Resumable S/R with very large projects.
- Show current version number in S/R commit log and in project artifacts.