Reading App Builder 4.1 Released
Reading App Builder 4.1 is available today for Windows, Mac and Linux. You can use it to build customised Android and iOS reading apps.
What’s New in RAB 4.1?
- RAB can import Bloom books, including Bloom books with audio. These are converted to picture story books with an image and text on each page.
- Books can be added easily to the Contents Menu via the New App and Add Books wizards.
- The user interface has a new fresh look with a navigation drawer that slides from the side of the screen.
- Users can choose to turn the highlighting on or off in the Settings.
- Timing files modified on the Fine Tune Timings page can be moved automatically to their place in the project data.
Because changes have been made to the way project data is stored in RAB, we recommend you create a new app rather than trying to rebuild an app you started with a previous version of RAB.
For more details, please see the Reading App Builder 4.1 Release Notes.
To download the new version, please visit the Download page.
The Android app in RAB 4.1 now needs to be compiled using the platform libraries for the latest version of Android (8.0 Oreo). This means you will need to update your Android SDK installation, if you have not already done so. You can update the SDK within RAB, on the Android SDK page of the Settings dialog. This is a large download (more than 100 MB).