Awami Nastaliq 2.000 is a major release of the Awami Nastaliq font. This release supports additional languages and provides improvements to glyph shapes and connections.
Changes to this font include:
- Added ten new characters:
- 0695 ARABIC LETTER REH WITH SMALL V BELOW
- 06A4 ARABIC LETTER VEH
- 06C8 ARABIC LETTER YU
- 06CA ARABIC LETTER WAW WITH TWO DOTS ABOVE
- 06CB ARABIC LETTER VE
- 06CF ARABIC LETTER WAW WITH DOT ABOVE
- 221A SQUARE ROOT
- 077E ARABIC LETTER SEEN WITH INVERTED V
- 077F ARABIC LETTER KAF WITH TWO DOTS ABOVE
- 08C7 ARABIC LETTER LAM WITH SMALL ARABIC LETTER TAH ABOVE (in Unicode pipeline)
- Adjust behavior of nuqtas over sequences of beh/teh/theh/peh/etc.
- Changed shape of beh+seen and beh+sad before sad, tah, ain, feh, qaf, and final noon.
- Improved glyph-shape approximations for automatic collision fixing
- Adjusted diagonal cluster fitting involving short sequences
- Adjusted shape of meem heads
- Adjusted behavior of final-reh + zer
- Added and tweaked anchors
- Added smaller flat nukta for certain cases
- Adjusted shape of pre-jeem medial lam, keheh and gaf
- Adjusted position of salaam ulena ligature
- Adjusted position of Arabic zero characters
- Reduced size of U+060E ARABIC POETIC VERSE SIGN
- Fixed bugs in bariyeh attachments
- Removed “Show invisible characters” feature
- Fixed bug in “Hamza” feature (Arabic style setting)
- Adjusted design of U+06BA (noon ghunna) to match Unicode recommendations
- Tweaked glyph shapes and sizes
Please do report bugs through the Support page.