Awami Nastaliq Release 3.200
We are happy to announce the release of Awami Nastaliq version 3.200. This is a maintenance release of Awami Nastaliq.
This release supports only a few new characters. However, it enables support for the Kazakh, Malay, and Uyghur languages.
- Fixed bug in dot removal for YEH followed by COMBINING Hamza (U+064A U+0654)
- Fixed some minor kerning/collision/spacing bugs
- Changed shape of mark on 06C7 (Arabic U) to look like a comma instead of a pesh
- Created bold forms of the honorifics
- Changed PUA codepoint U+E003 to U+FD47 ARABIC LIGATURE ALAYHI AS-SALAAM
- Corrected weight class of Medium, SemiBold, and ExtraBold fonts
- Added six characters:
- U+06A0 ARABIC LETTER AIN WITH THREE DOTS ABOVE
- U+06AD ARABIC LETTER NG
- U+06BD ARABIC LETTER NOON WITH THREE DOTS ABOVE
- U+0762 ARABIC LETTER KEHEH WITH DOT ABOVE
- U+FDCF ARABIC LIGATURE SALAAMUHU ALAYNAA
- U+10ED0 ARABIC BIBLICAL END OF VERSE (this character is not officially in Unicode, it is in the pipeline for a future version of the Unicode Standard)
Both desktop and web fonts are provided in a single, all-platforms package on the Download Page.
- U+10ED0 ARABIC BIBLICAL END OF VERSE is not officially in Unicode. The codepoint could still change.
- U+E003 was a PUA codepoint. We have reencoded it to the proper codepoint at U+FD47 ARABIC LIGATURE ALAYHI AS-SALAAM. If the PUA codepoint U+E003 was used, it should be replaced by U+FD47.