Release v4.0.02 (official release)
This official release includes the following changes:
- Released under SIL Open Font License (OFL) license
- Fixed attachment points:
- U+0414 CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER DE
- U+0434 CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER DE
- U+041B CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER EL
- U+043B CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER EL
- U+04C5 CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER EL WITH TAIL
- U+04C6 CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER EL WITH TAIL
- U+1D2B CYRILLIC LETTER SMALL CAPITAL EL
- U+F322 CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER EL WITH HOOK
- U+F323 CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER EL WITH HOOK
- Added characters:
- U+00AD SOFT HYPHEN
- U+203C DOUBLE EXCLAMATION MARK
- U+2213 MINUS-OR-PLUS SIGN
- U+225F QUESTIONED EQUAL TO
- U+2713 CHECK MARK
- U+274D SHADOWED WHITE CIRCLE
- Added alternate:
- “Cyrillic shha alternate” (U+04BB CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER SHHA)
- Changed from spacing character to combining mark:
- U+0334 COMBINING TILDE OVERLAY
- Corrected glyph shape:
- U+018E LATIN CAPITAL LETTER REVERSED E
- U+217D SMALL ROMAN NUMERAL ONE HUNDRED
The Literacy fonts are identical to the main Charis SIL fonts, except that the default forms for ‘a’ and ‘g’ have been changed to those often preferred by literacy specialists – single-story ‘a’ and single-bowl ‘g’. Note the following:
- OpenType and Graphite features may not work as expected, and particularly those that interact with the Literacy Alternates feature.
- Diacritic placement may not be ideal in some cases, although we’ve tried to be sure that this works in most situations.
- This font is a one-off special version, and is not likely to be updated alongside future versions of Charis SIL.
- This font is also released under the SIL Open Font License, but we strongly encourage you to use the main Charis SIL release as the source for any derivative versions.
If you encounter problems, your best solution is to use the main Charis SIL font release.
Download the newest release packages from the Download Page.
Download v4.0.02 of the release packages from the Previous Versions Page.